Monday, February 7, 2011

cooking adventures

So, I'm not a cook. Never have been...probably never will be....but I have decided to try. I love crafting, I love making things, and it seems logical to think that cooking is the ultimate craft, right?? But, blech...I hate it. None the less, I'm trying, starting small, with basics. Before my "specialty" was chili, seriously, it was the only thing I could really make that I would be proud to share with anyone. So, here are a few pics of what I have tried so far...nothing special...but it was edible, so that was a plus!




This was my attempt at meatloaf. Last December, my husband shot his first deer, so thankfully, we have a freezer full of venison! It wasn't much to look at but it was tasty, and Jonathan said it was the best meal he's ever eaten!





Last night I made Taco Casserole and Mexican Salad. The casserole was crunched tortilla chips, layered with venison and chili beans, sour cream, green onions, cilantro, black olives, tomatoes and cheese. It was very good, next time, I think I'll add jalepenos. The Mexican Salad was nothing special, just salad, with a can of drained black beans, pinto beans, tomatoes, onions, tortilla chips and cheese, topped with Catalina dressing. It was good!

Like I said, it was nothing special, but I'm working at it, we were fed well, and that's all that matters...baby steps, right??

1 comments:

Niki said...

Good job, Erin!